If you are looking for a quick and easy project, this is not it. If you are looking for a super rewarding sew that is totally worth the amount of time you spend on it. This is it. I made a few bonfires and love them! Original style lines, a perfect fit. A very wide size-range. And very clear instructions. This is one of my favorite Sofiona patterns.
The Bonfire hoodie is designed with a cozy slightly relaxed fit. Keeping with the "cozy" theme, this sweater features a large fully lined hood with optional drawstring. For those looking for a quicker sew the hood can also be exchanged for the simple neckband. The sleeve cuffs can be made as either solid cuffs or with a thumb hole. The angles of the front panel are not only a typical Sofiona design feature, but also the perfect location for an optional hidden front pocket. A hi-lo hemline gives this sweater the perfect coverage for pairing with anything from jeans to your favourite Sofiona Designs Rocky Shore tights!
- Intermediate level
- Sizes 2-16
- Color photo tutorial with hyperlinks
- Quick instruction page
- Printable on 8 1/2x11 and A4 paper
- A0 copyshop file (available with layers and in colour if desired)
- Projector File (includes pattern layers as well as grid layers in either metric or imperial)
- Layers available for printing specific sizes
NOTE: These notions are for the drawstring version of the hoodie. If omitting the drawstrings/eyelets none of these are required.
- 4 eyelets with 1/4” inside diameter (optional for hood/hem drawstring openings. Buttonholes are also a suitable alternative.)
- Drawstring (for hood and hem)
- Small piece of iron-on interfacing (enough for 4 pieces 1.5”x1.5”) (for stabilizing eyelet/buttonhole location)
**This is a digital copy of the pattern only.
Read more about this pattern in the blog. https://mamidesofiona.com/2019/09/20/introducing-the-bonfire-hoodie-pattern/