The Miss Forest is a summer dress pattern designed for woven fabrics with an a-line flare skirt in short and midi length. The bodice is a fitted, high neck, tank style with princess seams and an optional cap sleeve insert for shoulder coverage. Include the optional side cut-outs for some extra fun. There are 2 options for the back which are the simple V back and a unique Y back with shoulder closure. The skirt is available in a simple version or a center panel pieced option. The dress is completed with an invisible zipper closure at center back.
- Advanced level
- Junior Miss sizes 0-20
- Color photo tutorial with hyperlinks
- Quick instruction page
- Printable on 8 1/2x11 and A4 paper
- Layers available for printing specific sizes
- Includes A0 copyshop file (4 pages)
- Includes Projector File (includes grid layers in metric and imperial)
Woven fabrics such as linen, linen blends, rayon and other fabrics that tend to shift easily during cutting or “grow” during sewing or wearing can be used. It should be expected to remove bodice width after fitting in some cases.
Woven fabrics such as lightweight twills, sateen, chambrays, and other stable fabrics without very much mechanical stretch can be used. It should be expected that these will feel more fitted and may need some adjustments. Use the 5/8” seam allowance to achieve the best personal fit.
- Interfacing for waistband, zipper installation and Y back option.
- 22” invisible zipper (will be shortened for some sizes)
Optional: The shoulder closure for the Y back option will use one of the following: small button and loop, 2 hook and bar sets, OR a frog clasp/decorative hook and eye set.
**This is a digital copy of the pattern only.
Read more about this pattern in the blog.