Miss Rose Hip is a bomber style jacket in modest cropped or waist length and can be made with a hood or banded neckline. It’s designed for woven fabrics, but can be made with stable knits as well. It’s the sister pattern to Miss Clover which is the knit hoodie version of the jacket. Choose the curved style lines or keep the whole thing simple without piecing. The long sleeve is cinched in at the wrist with a cuff to match the cuffing both at the waist hem and around the hood opening or neckband. The cuff has the option for a fun double cuff just to be “extra”. An optional zippered pocket can be added on the sleeve. Welt pockets to keep the hands warm are optional as well, but only on the waist length version.
- Advaced level
- Junior Miss Sizes 0-20
- Color photo tutorial with hyperlinks
- Quick instruction page
- Printable on 8 1/2x11 and A4 paper
- A0 File
- Projector File (includes grid layers in metric and imperial)
- Layers available for printing specific sizes.
Recommended Fabrics: Medium to heavy weight woven fabrics such as twill, linen, canvas, corduroy, faux leather, minky, and more. Some structured, stable, 2-way stretch knit fabrics can also be used such as scuba, ponte, jacquard jersey, and more. Fabrics with some fluidity/drape are best when making a hood.
Lining - Lightweight lining fabrics or slippery fabrics such as satin. Fuzzy fabrics such as sherpa or minky can be used for added warmth, however, it may be preferable to size up when using bulky fabrics.
Cuffing - Quality cuffing fabrics with good recovery are recommended for the cuffs, hem, neckband and hood trim. Other knits with good recovery and structure can be used. The hood trim is best with a structured cuffing/knit that holds shape and will not become floppy.
- One separating zipper (#5 size is recommended) This will be shortened for the appropriate size jacket.
- Fusible interfacing (to stabilize knit or unstable fabrics for pockets and zipper installation)
- 1/4” double-sided, wash-away adhesive tape (for zipper installation)
- One 5” zipper (This will be shortened in the tutorial steps.)
- Premade cuffing (Widths may differ from the pattern and necessary adjustments should be considered.)
- 2mm satin cording and 1” wide bias binding for piping
- Other piping or trim as desired
- 3/8-1/2” ribbon or twill tape to cover zipper tape
**This is a digital copy of the pattern only.
Read more about this pattern in the blog.