The Vista Visor pattern offers a stylish and practical accessory for sunny days. This pattern includes two band height options, regular and tall, in either a solid or pieced band. You can choose between two back options: an elastic casing for a classic look or a tie back for more adjustable sizing. The tie back option offers two bow variations: a narrow bow for a subtle look or a wide bow for a statement style. This visor also includes an absorbent/terry cloth inner layer, ensuring maximum comfort during outdoor activities.
- Intermediate level
- Sizes XS-XL (19"-24" head circumfrence)
- Color photo tutorial with hyperlinks
- Quick instruction page
- Printable on 8 1/2x11 and A4 paper
- Layers available for printing specific sizes
- Includes A0 copyshop file (1 page)
- Includes Projector File (includes grid layers in metric and imperial)
Main Fabric: Mid to heavy weight woven fabrics such as quilting cottons, canvas, linen, non-stretch corduroy, mid-weight denim, etc.
Lining Fabric: Mid weight wovens such as quilting cotton, linen, canvas, etc.
Binding/Optional Piping: light/mid weight wovens that won’t add lots of bulk such as quilting cotton or linen.
Absorbent Band: non-stretch absorbent fabrics such as terry cloth, thicker flannel or fleece. *(Note: french terry that has been stabilized with an iron-on non-stretch interfacing on the RIGHT SIDE - leaving the looped side visible to be the main side of the absorbent layer - can also be used.)
- Fusible mid-weight woven interfacing such as Pellon SF-101
- Heavy weight stabilizer such as Peltex 71F Ultra Firm or Decovil Heavy
- 1” knit elastic for elastic back version
- 1/8” cording to create optional brim piping OR pre-made piping
- Optional: thin flexible plastic such as template plastic sheets or plastic milk jugs PLUS a denim needle to sew through it
**This is a digital copy of the pattern only.
Read more about this pattern in the blog: https://mamidesofiona.com/2023/06/09/vista-visor/
See all the tester versions of this pattern in the Sofiona Facebook Group album: (......coming soon......)