With hidden side seams and the option for side piping, these shorts are the perfect blend of fashion and function. A subtle front slit adds visual interest, while the optional pockets in the back are a stylish and practical addition. Choose from one or two pockets, or keep it minimalistic and leave them off altogether. The pockets feature a simple gapped opening or an invisible zipper, depending on your preference. For those who want a bit more coverage, an athletic shorts layer can be added, making these shorts the perfect choice for any activity.
- Intermediate level
- Junior Miss Sizes 0-20
- Color photo tutorial with hyperlinks
- Quick instruction page
- Printable on 8 1/2x11 and A4 paper
- Layers available for printing specific sizes
- Includes A0 copyshop file (1 page)
- Includes Projector File (includes grid layers in metric and imperial)
Mid to heavy weight knits or stretch wovens with at least 25% stretch and good recovery as well as a bit of structure such as some bamboo french terries, cotton french terries, sweater fleeces, interlocks, stretch corduroy, stretch board short, etc.
BINDING and (Optional) PIPING:
Mid to Light weight knits that will not contribute too much extra bulk to the shorts. For example, cotton lycras, bamboo lycra, some rib knits, etc.
Athletic knits with at least 50% 4-way stretch. Slippery fabrics are highly recommended, as ones that are more “matte” are also more likely to grab at the main short layer rather than letting it hang freely.
- 2” wide Non-roll or Knit Elastic
- 8” invisible zipper (zipper pocket)
- Small piece of fusible interfacing (zipper pocket)
- Small piece of hem tape (non-zipper pocket)
**This is a digital copy of the pattern only.
Read more about this pattern in the blog: Mink Shorts – I am Mami de Sofiona
See all the tester versions of this pattern in the Sofiona Facebook Group album CLICK HERE