The Minnow Swimsuit can be sewn as either a one or two piece suit. Both options can be made as a one shoulder suit with a fun statement strap in the back, or with the statement strap as well as an optional skinny strap over the 2nd shoulder. The front of the suit can be made in one solid fabric, or pieced together with an elegant curved design. The two piece suit features a good coverage bikini bottom (with either a solid or pieced back) as well as either a cropped top or a cropped top with added flounce for more coverage.
- Advanced Beginner level
- Sizes 2-16
- Color photo tutorial with hyperlinks
- Quick instruction page
- Printable on 8 1/2x11 and A4 paper
- Layers available for printing specific sizes
- Includes A0 copyshop file (2 pages)
- Includes Projector File (includes grid layers in metric and imperial)
Main Fabric: Swim fabrics with minimum 50-70% stretch. Athletic knits can be used, but may wear out sooner from sun and chlorine exposure. Swim fabrics with high recovery and lower stretch percentage will result in a suit that feels tighter.
Lining Fabric: Swim lining fabric with similar stretch to the main fabric. Main fabric can be used in place of lining, but may result in a slightly tighter suit.
- 1/4” swim elastic (One Piece suit only)
- 3/8” swim elastic
- Woolly nylon thread (optional)
**This is a digital copy of the pattern only.
Read more about this pattern in the blog: Minnow Swimsuit – I am Mami de Sofiona