This vintage style swimsuit pattern comes with a variety of options for one or two piece suits. With pieced or solid options for the bodice and bottoms, it can be a very simple suit or great for colour blocking. The one piece suit has an extra insert for even more colour-blocking fun. An optional ruffle can be sewn into the waist of a one piece or at the hem of the two piece bodice. The two piece bodice can be cut at a cropped or tankini length. Make a Raspberry cover-up to complete this cute beach look.
- Advanced Beginner level
- Sizes 2-16
- Color photo tutorial with hyperlinks
- Quick instruction page
- Printable on 8 1/2x11 and A4 paper
- Layers available for printing specific sizes
- Includes A0 copyshop file (2 pages)
- Includes Projector File (includes grid layers in metric and imperial)
Fabrics: Swim fabrics with minimum 50% 4-way stretch. Athletic knits can be used, but may wear out sooner from sun and chlorine exposure. Swim fabrics with high recovery and lower stretch percentage will result in a suit that feels tighter.
Swim lining fabric with similar vertical and horizontal stretch as the main fabric. Some swim linings do not have as much vertical stretch which will affect the vertical fit of 1 pc versions of this pattern. These linings can be used, but adjustments to length should be considered for enough vertical ease. Main fabric can be used in place of lining, but may result in a slightly tighter suit.
- 3/8” swim elastic
- 1/2”, 3/4”, OR 1” swim elastic (two piece bottoms)
- woolly nylon thread (optional)
- 1/4” clear elastic (optional for tankini)
**This is a digital copy of the pattern only.
Read more about this pattern in the blog. https://mamidesofiona.com/2022/05/06/the-pike-1-or-2pc-swimsuit/