This vintage style swimsuit pattern comes with a variety of options for one or two piece suits. With pieced or solid options for the bodice and bottoms, it can be a very simple suit or great for colour blocking. The one piece suit has an extra insert for even more colour-blocking fun. An optional ruffle can be sewn into the waist of a one piece or at the hem of the two piece bodice. The two piece bodice can be cut at a cropped or tankini length. Make a Raspberry cover-up to complete this cute beach look.
- Advanced Beginner level
- Sizes 2-16
- Color photo tutorial with hyperlinks
- Quick instruction page
- Printable on 8 1/2x11 and A4 paper
- Layers available for printing specific sizes
- Includes A0 copyshop file (2 pages)
- Includes Projector File (includes grid layers in metric and imperial)
Fabrics: Swim fabrics with minimum 50-70% stretch. Athletic knits can be used, but may wear out sooner from sun and chlorine exposure. Swim fabrics with high recovery and lower stretch percentage will result in a suit that feels tighter.
Swim lining fabric with similar stretch to the main fabric. Main fabric can be used in place of lining, but may result in a slightly tighter suit.
- 3/8” swim elastic
- 1/2”, 3/4”, OR 1” swim elastic (two piece bottoms)
- woolly nylon thread (optional)
- 1/4” clear elastic (optional for tankini)
**This is a digital copy of the pattern only.
Read more about this pattern in the blog. https://mamidesofiona.com/2022/05/06/the-pike-1-or-2pc-swimsuit/