I love this pattern especially because it is drafted for knits AND woven, which allows me to sew many variations, using different fabrics and obtaining different looks. The woven version has a side zipper, the knit version on is a pull on skirt, and there's the skort option so whatever the movement, climbing, jumping, etc, there's no "flashing" risk, as my daughters would say. The fit is spot on, the measurements and options very accurate. I highly recommend it!
The Spruce Skirt/Skort can be made as either a woven knee-length skirt with an invizible side zip, or as a knit skirt with the option of attached shorts (to make a skort) and a fold-over elastic waistband. The shorts pattern pieces can also be used to create separate shorts. The knit skirt/skort comes in both shorter athletic length (for more freedom of movement) and knee-length. Optional piping in the waistband seam adds another fun element to this garment.
- Advanced Beginner level
- Sizes 2-16
- Color photo tutorial with hyperlinks
- Quick instruction page
- Printable on 8 1/2x11 and A4 paper
- Layers available for printing specific sizes
- Includes A0 copyshop file
- Includes Projector File
- 1/8” (2mm) satin cording (or similar) to create piping
- Pre-made piping/decorative trim
- Sizes 2-3: 3/4” elastic
- Sizes 4-6: 1” elastic
- Sizes 7-16: 1 1/2” elastic
- 8” invisible zipper
- mid-weight fusible interfacing (such as Pellon SF-101)
- small hook & eye closure (optional)
**This is a digital copy of the pattern only.
Read more about this pattern in the blog. https://mamidesofiona.com/2020/03/19/spruce-skirt-skort/