The Spruce Skirt/Skort can be made as either a woven knee-length skirt with an invizible side zip, or as a knit skirt with the option of attached shorts (to make a skort) and a fold-over elastic waistband. The shorts pattern pieces can also be used to create separate shorts. The knit skirt/skort comes in both shorter athletic length (for more freedom of movement) and knee-length. Optional piping in the waistband seam adds another fun element to this garment.
- Advanced Beginner level
- Sizes 2-16
- Color photo tutorial with hyperlinks
- Quick instruction page
- Printable on 8 1/2x11 and A4 paper
- Layers available for printing specific sizes
- Includes A0 copyshop file
- Includes Projector File
Knit version - Light to Medium-weight knits with at least 50% stretch and good recovery such as some cotton lycras, athletic fabric, DBP, etc.
Woven version - Light to medium-weight fabrics with some drape such as quilting cotton, rayon, tencel, corduroy, velvet, etc.
OPTIONAL (all versions):
- 1/8” (2mm) satin cording (or similar) to create piping
- Pre-made piping/decorative trim
- Sizes 2-3: 3/4” elastic
- Sizes 4-6: 1” elastic
- Sizes 7-16: 1 1/2” elastic
- 8” invisible zipper
- mid-weight fusible interfacing (such as Pellon SF-101)
- small hook & eye closure (optional)
**This is a digital copy of the pattern only.
Read more about this pattern in the blog. https://mamidesofiona.com/2020/03/19/spruce-skirt-skort/